Friday, March 12, 2010

TYPE 2: Journal 7

In St. Louis, a few miles from my house is the suburb of Kirkwood. It is a suburb where I literally spend all of my time. I danced over in this area for 15 years, I work at a children's museum there and I used to live there. This subarb is just like downtown Lawrence minus the tons of KU stores and sports stores that sell Jayhawk attire. I decided to walk down Argonne Road, where my dance studio is located and take photos of all of the type that I saw on each shop. I never noticed how different and interesting each store was until I took photos of them. Some of the places I captured in these photos are The Train Station, The Farmer's Market, Lucille Rapp Dance Studio, Head to Toe Dancewear, Down By the Station, The Bug Store, Massas' Italian Restaurant, The Custard Station, Christopher's, The Fire Station, The Sugar Shack and Ok Hatchery. This street is one of the quaintest and probably one of my all time favorite places. It is where I grew up and spent most of my life and it was the perfect place to find unique type!




































No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers