Sunday, April 11, 2010

TYPE 2: Journal 10

I felt that after going through the Good website I found a few decent videos and a few that were fairly boring and uninteresting to watch. The video over Your Daily Water Use was very straight forward and there was nothing exciting to it... mostly it was just facts. There was another video that was also not too strong and it was called The State of The Planet. Even though this video had a lot more detail in it, overall it felt boring and lacked uniqueness. There was one video that I found to be surprisingly interesting. It was The Hidden Cost of War. I think because the text was laid out in a new and different format and the facts/information is about something that everyone is familiar with helped this become a stronger video. Some of the info-graphics that I looked at were the same as the videos... good and bad. I found that even though the Bracketology: A March Madness Data Visualization was a topic that interest many people, overall it felt boring. Looking at it did not make me think of basketball and it really had no feeling of anything but structured lines to it. On the other hand, Fifteen Things You Should Know About Breasts was really effective because it is a topic that people are not as comfortable talking about and the visual was made to be humorous so that the viewer would feel more comfortable. I feel like the info-graphic did a goo job of both stating the facts and showing creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers