Wednesday, April 21, 2010

TYPE 2: Journal 13

Larry Lessig: I really did not like this TED talk at all. I felt that he was not very interesting to listen to and that he spoke to the audience as if they were incapable of english. The way that he placed EVERY word that he said onto the screen felt very redundant and unnecessary. Sometimes by having words heard and seen at the same time makes a strong impact but during his speech I felt that he went overboard with doing this. I did find that he made a good point about three fourths of the way through his speech about how tools of creativity are the tools of speech. This is the literacy for this generation. It is how kids speak, how they think and what kids are as they understand technologies. He stated that technology has made kids different from adults and that we cannot make kids passive but can make them pirate. But is this any good? What his point ended up being was that kids live life against the law and that this is what is corruptive. I also found that the small clips of Jesus singing 'I Will Survive' and George W. Busch were the best parts of the speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers